Exfoliating Your Skin
My favorite subject to talk about! Skin!! Despite the world’s growing interest in healthy living and body awareness, people still take their skin for granted. Believe it or not, the skin is the biggest organ of the human body. And it’s the most visible to the outside world. Aside from being our body’s first line of defense, it is also our most visible indicator of health and beauty.
This is why skincare products take the lion’s share of the cosmetics market worldwide. That being said, an important part of skin care tends to be grossly overlooked; exfoliating.
The benefits of skin exfoliation are obvious once you take a sec to think about it. The outer layer of skin is composed of dead cells that tend to be a magnet for microbes that feast on the decayed tissue. It’s also darker and rougher than your inner skin. This is why regular exfoliation is beneficial for the health of your skin and your body as a whole.
Benefits of skin exfoliation:
- It increases the effectiveness of your regular skin care products, as they can penetrate deeper and effect greater results.
- Exfoliation is one of the main tools for acne prevention, keeping your pores clear of dead skin cells and irritants that cause nasty outbreaks.
- Removing the excess layer of dead skin improves your skin tone and makes your skin texture smooth and pleasing to the touch. It also keeps your skin younger.
- Helps to revitalize your skin and gives it a push towards rejuvenation.
- As it clears up your pores and evens out your skin, exfoliating is a great way to facilitate shaving and reduce side effects, such as recurring skin inflammation.
Many think that exfoliation is something only women do. In fact, men are more prone to skin issues than women since their skin is rougher and thicker.
Also, if you work out, you tend to overexpose your skin to irritants that accumulate in sweat.
How to Exfoliate Your Skin
First of all, wash your skin with lukewarm water to remove surface dirt. Then you can get started with exfoliating.
I use Dermaclear water for this since its adapted to all kinds of skin and both cleanses and hydrates your skin while you’re exfoliating it.
Squeeze a few drops of it into a facial puff and rub your skin in even circular motions to remove deeper impurities in the skin.
To finish, use some Tatcha skin mist to brighten up your skin.
Remember to exfoliate your skin before you start wasting a ton of money on expensive skin products. Your skin will thank you and so will your wallet!